UAE announces 1,507 new COVID-19 cases, 1,476 recoveries, 2 deaths in last 24 hours

ABU DHABI, The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 142,603 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.

In a statement on Monday, the Ministry stressed its aim to continue expanding the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment.

As part of its intensified testing campaign, MoHAP announced 1,507 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 537,524.

According to the Ministry, the infected individuals are from various nationalities, are in a stable condition, and receiving the necessary care.

MoHAP also announced two deaths due to COVID-19 complications, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 1,615.

The Ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the family of the deceased and wished COVID-19 patients a speedy and full recovery. It called on all members of the society to cooperate with health authorities, adhere to the instructions and physical distance to ensure the health and safety of all.

MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,476 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 517,805.

Source: Emirates News Agency

Expo 2020 Steering Committee urges participants to follow Expo’s lead, join its free vaccination drive to ensure safety

DUBAI, The Expo 2020 Dubai Steering Committee has urged all of Expo’s 200-plus participants to join Expo 2020’s vaccination drive, praising the decision of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council of Dubai, to offer free vaccinations to all official participants and their staff.

During its latest meeting, held on Thursday, the Steering Committee expressed appreciation for His Highness’s offer and urged all official participants to take measures to ensure the safety of their staff and visitors.

The recommendation was made as the Committee, representing the 190-plus participating nations and comprising Commissioner Generals from 34 countries, discussed the robust measures being implemented at Expo 2020 to safeguard all participants, workforce, suppliers, contractors and visitors, reflecting the UAE’s wider efforts against the ongoing global pandemic.

Manuel Salchli, Chair of the Expo 2020 Steering Committee and Commissioner General for Switzerland at Expo 2020, said: “Health and safety is a pivotal part of the planning and operations for all World Expos and the ongoing global pandemic has put this more sharply into focus. It is very important that all official participants should benefit from the UAE’s generous offer to vaccinate their delegations and it is the collective responsibility of all the countries to support this initiative to ensure an enjoyable and safe Expo for all participants.”

The Steering Committee met after the sixth and final International Participants Meeting (IPM), which took place earlier this week. The IPM saw more than 370 senior representatives from 173 countries gather in Dubai to discuss final preparations ahead of the mega-event’s opening on 1 October, and experience first-hand the robust health and safety measures that have already been rolled out.

Manuel Salchli added: “Expo 2020 and the UAE have worked diligently to implement a far-reaching programme of precautionary measures, in close collaboration with the relevant local authorities and following the guidance of the world’s leading medical experts. The UAE should be applauded for bringing 173 participating nations to Dubai for this important meeting, ensuring the safety and well-being of all attendees.”

Dmitri S Kerkentzes, Secretary General, Bureau International des Expositions, said: “More than any other crisis, COVID-19 has shown us that global challenges require an extraordinary common effort. With the UAE consistently demonstrating its commitment to health and global solidarity, we are confident that – through close partnership and determined cooperation – Expo 2020 Dubai will be an inspiring and enlightening event offering safe and meaningful experiences to each and every visitor.

“The successful and safe organisation of the International Participants Meeting this week and the offer of vaccines to all staff and international participants reinforces this strong commitment from the host of the first World Expo in the MEASA region.”

Clayton Kimpton, Commissioner General for New Zealand at Expo 2020, said: “Over the recent IPM, we have heard, and experienced first-hand, how Expo 2020 remains committed to delivering an exceptional – and above all, safe – Expo for everyone, and we commend the organisers and the country’s leadership for their exemplary efforts.

“From the installation of thermal cameras and sanitisation stations across the site, to mandatory face-mask wearing and the implementation of social-distancing regulations, we have been reassured to see the measures that have been put in place and hear how they will continue to be monitored and adjusted, in line with the latest information and guidance from the World Health Organization.”

His Excellency Tony Joudi, Commissioner General for the Bahamas at Expo 2020, said: “We applaud Expo 2020 for their prudent and responsible approach to COVID-19 and the challenges it continues to present for us all. Just as the pandemic requires a unified response, so does the delivery of what we believe will be a truly historic World Expo, and we pledge our continued commitment and support.”

At the beginning of the year, Expo 2020 launched an extensive COVID-19 vaccination drive for all Expo 2020 employees and their households. More widely, the UAE has overseen one of the world’s fastest vaccination programmes, already administering more than 10 million doses since the programme began a few months ago.

Dr Amer Sharif, Head of Dubai’s COVID-19 Command and Control Centre (CCC), said: “Since the beginning of the pandemic, the UAE has followed a clear strategy in managing COVID-19. Dubai’s COVID-19 Command and Control Centre has, since its establishment, developed protocols, guidelines and precautionary measures that are science-based and data-driven. The guiding principle in managing the pandemic has always been to strike a balance between lives and livelihoods.”

Recently, more than 100,000 members of the public enjoyed a preview of Terra – The Sustainability Pavilion and experienced the steps taken to protect visitors and ensure social distancing across the Expo site. These included the mandatory pre-booking of tickets to control capacity and visitor flow; floor markings and signage to encourage social distancing; and designated staff responsible for monitoring and regulating social distancing in all venues. In recognition of this compliance with the relevant safety standards and protocols, the Expo Pavilions Premiere received the Dubai Assured stamp from the Government of Dubai.

From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 will bring together people, communities and nations to build bridges, inspire action and deliver real-life solutions to real-life challenges.

Source: Emirates News Agency

UAE announces 1,724 new COVID-19 cases, 1,682 recoveries, 3 deaths in last 24 hours

ABU DHABI, The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) announced that it conducted 196,777 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.

In a statement on Thursday, the Ministry stressed its aim to continue expanding the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment.

As part of its intensified testing campaign, MoHAP announced 1,724 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 530,944.

According to the Ministry, the infected individuals are from various nationalities, are in a stable condition, and receiving the necessary care.

MoHAP also announced three deaths due to COVID-19 complications, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 1,604.

The Ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the family of the deceased and wished COVID-19 patients a speedy and full recovery. It called on all members of the society to cooperate with health authorities, adhere to the instructions and physical distance to ensure the health and safety of all.

MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,682 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 511,340.

Source: Emirates News Agency

UAE announces 1,699 new COVID-19 cases, 1,686 recoveries, 2 deaths in last 24 hours

ABU DHABI, The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced that it conducted 179,453 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.

In a statement, the Ministry stressed its aim to continue expanding the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment. As part of its intensified testing campaign, MoHAP announced 1,699 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 527,266.

According to the Ministry, the infected individuals are from various nationalities, are in a stable condition, and receiving the necessary care.

MoHAP also announced 2 deaths due to COVID-19 complications, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 1,598.

The Ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the family of the deceased and wished COVID-19 patients a speedy and full recovery. It called on all members of the society to cooperate with health authorities, adhere to the instructions and physical distance to ensure the health and safety of all.

MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,686 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 507,706.

 

Source: Emirates News Agency

Ambulatory Healthcare Services announces the opening of SEHA drive-through screening and vaccination centre in Al Sarouj

ABU DHABI, Ambulatory Healthcare Services, a SEHA healthcare facility, announced the opening of a new drive-through screening center in Al Sarouj area in Al Ain.

The new center is composed of 6 tracks: 2 for vaccination and 4 for PCR nose swab and DPI laser-based testing with a capacity of 200 vaccinations and 800 nose swabs and laser tests per day.

The center welcomes clients from Saturday to Thursday from 10 AM to 4 PM and from 8 PM to 1 AM during Ramadan, while operating hours will change after Ramadan to be from Saturday and Thursday from 8 AM to 8 PM.

Ambulatory Healthcare Services also announced the closure of the SEHA Drive-Through Screening Center in Al Masoudi effective Friday May 30, 2021.

Commenting on the opening Mohamed Hawas Al Sadid, Ambulatory Healthcare Services CEO, said “In line with the community’s needs, we are pleased to announce the opening of a new center in Al Sarouj with extended opening hours and an expanded capacity. The center boasts a new design utilizing shipping containers, which are more durable and adaptable, and provide a very high level of heat and cold resistance. They are also easier to move, reuse, and maintain.”

This brings the total number of drive-through screening and vaccination centers managed by AHS in Al Ain to 3; Al Hili, Asharej, and the new center in Al Sarouj. UAE nationals and residents wishing to receive the vaccine or undergo a COVID-19 screening can book an appointment through SEHA’s app.

Source: Emirates News Agency

UAE announces 1,712 new COVID-19 cases, 1,681 recoveries, 4 deaths in last 24 hours

ABU DHABI, The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced that it conducted 202,881 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.

In a statement, the Ministry stressed its aim to continue expanding the scope of testing nationwide to facilitate the early detection of coronavirus cases and carry out the necessary treatment. As part of its intensified testing campaign, MoHAP announced 1,712 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the UAE to 521,948.

According to the Ministry, the infected individuals are from various nationalities, are in a stable condition, and receiving the necessary care.

MoHAP also announced 4 deaths due to COVID-19 complications, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 1,591.

The Ministry expressed its sincere condolences to the family of the deceased and wished COVID-19 patients a speedy and full recovery. It called on all members of the society to cooperate with health authorities, adhere to the instructions and physical distance to ensure the health and safety of all.

MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,681 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 502,460.

Source: Emirates News Agency